Tuesday 12 June 2018

RD350 gearbox

The 350 was jumping out of second at the end of the season, so I decided it was time to get in there. I had bought a second hand main and secondary shaft which was in pretty good nick, although no selectors forks (which I thought would be the problem!), Anyway no problems removing the engine although I did have to improvise a little to get the clutch out as I removed the chain a bit early, however all as expected.

The second gear on the output shaft was pretty worn and the selector forks looked perdendicular to the shaft so they were left alone. However I separated out multiple gears where the dogs were looking a bit worn or as like the second gear the teeth were actually worn.

All went back in and I could've finished today however I broke one of the base gaskets and I didn't have a spare, so I have ordered one from Norbo (RDLC Crazy).


No comments: