Monday 14 May 2018

Kawa finished

OK I am pretty sure the Kawasaki is as far along as I can get it. It starts, rides, pops and farts a little, but can't seem to get it any better. Anyway I need the space so it's going back soon!

I haven't done much on the 888 except clean stuff, which is good as this is just what it needs. The new oil has picked up some of the moisture in the old oil, so I am trying to take a decision as to whether I swap it out again - I think we all know the answer to that one! Still waiting for the registration document to get it insured.

I had Philippe's BMW in the workshop the other day, as it refused to start. It turns out the "newish" ignition switch electrics had fallen out and therefore you could turn the key but nothing really happened. So with that sorted and new brake fluid it's back to Philippe.

After my mistake when installing my USB port on the Daytona it appears that the rectifier blew! I have found a second hand one but still waiting for the deal to be done, so it is off the road! I would have liked to swap it out for a MOSFET reg/rec but over 100 euros so I will make do with a second hand one for the time being.

It's my last week at MotoLabo this week and one more week in Paris - can't wait!


No comments: