Wednesday 5 July 2017

Ledenon Track day

Went down to Ledenon for a quick track day with LPP. Good organization and as it was midweek there were only about 40 bikes. Split that into 2 groups and you finish with 9 sessions per group! 5 sessions in the morning and 4 in the pm. The last session of the morning was a 30mins session as was the last session of the day.

The RG now running 100% on all 4 was wheelying in the first 3 gears going up the hill! Showing impressive power at high rpm. Also a lot better in the midrange although still difficult to ride as it comes on pipe!

I did the long session before lunch on the 350, to give the RG a rest also to save petrol otherwise I wasn't going to make it to the end of the day! The 350 was difficult to start (pilot jets) but once running it worked really well a part from a few missed gears (think its the box not me).

The temperature was around 40 c in the sun and after each run I downed a litre of water, however I started getting cramps in the legs  after the first 2 sessions in the pm. I managed to complete another session, alternating the bikes helped as the positions are different, the last session I missed as really I didn't have enough petrol, and the body was no longer responding correctly.

Anyway packed the van and how by 19:30. An excellent day, about 65 litres of SP98, a couple of litres of oil and no issues! I can't remember when I had such a successful outing!


No comments: