Wednesday 31 March 2010

Technical Update





Some photos:-

Well, just some notes while I think about it. Tyre pressures with the Power One's were 1.5 rear and 1.7 front (bar), which worked reasonably well in the wet, and I kept the same pressures for the only dry session - which worked well - no slips.

The carbs were running 240 mains, I was running a 15 front sprocket and a 41 rear, but couldn't really tell if this was good, but I certainly wasn't at the end of 6th along the start finish straight.
I was using Motul 80w90 Gear oil (thick grey stuff) which made the clutch slip, so I went back to Motul 10w30 (or 40??) Two stroke gearbox oil, which didn't slip although the clutch still drags.

At home all plugs were dark (too rich) but nr. 4 was differently coloured than the others - I think my problem is with this cylinder, and more over the plug cap on this pot is reading double the resistance of the others, which are all 10K ohms, nr4. was reading an irregular 20K ohms, so I think my problem is coming from there. I have swapped out the "bad" plug cap and will test this evening. For reference the primary side of the coils were measured at 0.6 ohms on both coils, and secondary measured from plug cap to plug cap measure about 34K ohms.

That's it for now.

No comments: