Thursday 15 April 2010

Technical Update...

So I eventually found two issues :- One plug cap with a higher resistance than normal, so I replaced all plug caps with a 5K ohm NGK plug cap. Secondly I found that I had reassembled a carburetor spacer upside down, this would have caused an air leakage on cylinder nr. 3. I can't say for sure how long it has been like that... but I hope it hasn't damaged the cylinder, as this one will have been running lean, hopefully the overall richness will have protected it to some extent.

So whilst troubleshooting I have collected the following data, which is worthy of note :-
Low Tension coils = 0.6 ohm
High Tension coils = 22K ohms measured cap to cap

Whilst I was taking the carbs apart, I did notice a fair amount of corrosion on the emulsion tubes especially in the carbs 1 & 3, I don't know if this is a result of the bike spending time on it's side stand or what.

No comments: