Thursday 31 January 2019

Ducati ignition, 888

Well I thought I would site the ignition box on the mudguard next to the battery, so I extended some of the wires and got it looking rather nice, however when I put the seat unit on, it just touched the unit so I had to move it down nearer the rear cylinder air box, not so nice, but I really can't see another place to site it.

Anyway, it started up well, although I didn't leave it running long as was in the garage with doors closed! Anyway that's pretty much finished, although I need to road test it!

The horn button on the 888 doesn't work, so I took it apart and it's a simple contact between the push switch and connectors, however the metal insert in the push button was missing along with the spring. I turned up a small insert and glued it in, and then bent a small spring into the right shape and put it all back together, the battery is on charge, so will test later.


No comments: