Tuesday 9 April 2019

Daytona

You can remove the throttle bodies partially to replace the o'rings

Showing half of the IVAC and throttle bodies
I haven't posted for a time, as I can't make my mind up whether to use this blog as my business update or not - I am leaning towards not....

Anyway, my Daytona has been pinking a lot lately, slightly less on SP98 fuel but still anything pulling a load below 4000 rpm, and it rattles a lot..... Talking to the virtual Triumph world the prognosis is an air leak somewhere. Either the IVAC hoses are cracked (this is a typical problem) or somewhere in the admission there is a leak.

Anyway planning a bigish trip so I wanted to get it sorted. So I stripped down the throttle bodies, and I have the o'rings on order.

In the mean time a couple of things to note, there was quite bit of oil droplets in the airbox, which is unusual never seen this before, we are not talking masses but more than usual.

The IVAC hose end pieces are cracked (at least two of them), so this maybe the problem, however am going to change the o'rings as they are ordered and are cheap anyway.

On a different subject I have now wired my USB charger port back to the battery, so I now have a readout of the battery voltage (a plus) but on the minus side the charge is on the whole time (a minus), it doesn't draw much without anything connected but enough to flatten the battery after about 5 days. Temporarily I am unplugging one of the spade connectors when the bike is parked up! What is interesting is that the voltmeter reads pretty much what you would expect around 14V when running, whereas when the thing was wired into the light circuit it was measuring between 9-11V - a very significant difference and enough to make the output derisory when on the light circuit!

No comments: