Saturday 26 January 2019

Ducati ignition

So I am replacing the ignition system on the Darmah, because the pickups weren't working correctly on the old system, the new system replaces the pickups, the magnetic rotor, and the ignition boxes. It has LEDs to show you where the pickups are in relation to the crank position, which are then removable so you don't have flashing lights going all the time, it also has multiple ignition curves which can be selected by a rotary switch. The components that I removed were :-
The pickups and wiring loom
The Bosch boxes
The resistances
I am trying to wire up the new ignition box using the 12v feed to the coils and the return from each coil, plus the four wires coming from the new pickups.

I wanted to position the ignition box between the coils, but on checking with the supplier he suggested I keep the box well away from the HT side of the circuit. I think I have enough wiring to be able to site the box nearer the battery.

No comments: