Monday 11 July 2016

4G track days at Ledenon

Left home Thursday evening and got setup at the circuit just in time to watch France beat Germany in the Euro. The guys next door were watching it over a 4G connection. Pretty good quality aswell.
Woke up to rain Friday morning! The circuit was soaked. Had a briefing with the 4G guys - Still don't know there names! I was in the Fast group oops.... I was supposed to be in the medium plus group but there weren't enough people to have more groups. Took the 500 out for a poodle round whilst the track was damp. Running OK I suppose, although nothing below 8k and lots of farting and blowing. When on the pipe, though great power through to the rev limiter at 11K. I used the 600 for the next 6 sessions. The mid range is now great up to and though the red line at 12K, it was slightly rich (I think) at low rpm, which wasn't really an issue although it had me dropping into a couple of slower bends slightly more quickly than I would have liked, still driving nicely. 

The coaching, which I thought was a bit naff consisted of the guy following you with a camera and then de briefing afterwards with the video. The trouble was that at the allotted time we would go out and basically the guy would video whoever he got behind, which never seemed to be me, so by the end of the day I had listened to feedback given to the other riders in the group, which was all very relevant, but still wasn't specific to me! Anyway I eventually got some footage and some criticisms at the end of the day. To be honest, my lines were OK, but I am just not quick enough. I need to practise braking less and using more throttle! I have a nr. 2 on my back, and I appear at 6:51 -> 9:40
Anyway I did 5 sessions on the Yam and 3 on the Suzuki. The evening was spent changing the pilot jets on the Suzuki up to 35's and moving the needle down to the last slot, in an effort to find better running in the mid range.
Saturday I tried the Suzuki in the morning must have been around 25 degrees, but with a wind making feel a little cooler, to be honest I didn't perceive much difference. Still had to give it some choke to get if off the line and still popping and farting before getting to a slightly less strong top end.  On the Saturday loafs more people had arrived, so the groups were bigger and they able to have a medium+ group. I used the 600 right up until the last session and took rhe Suzuki out for a final outing. All packed up by about 18:00 and home at 20:15 absolutely knackered!

No comments: