Thursday 19 March 2015

Waiting for stuff to arrive....

I have stripped down and cleaned the crankshaft bearings on the RG500, I am now waiting for the new rotary valve covers to come from Maranello's so I can finish the engine.
I have also ordered new fork seals for the RG, and I found some for the 350, so that will be a job to do in the coming weeks as well.
I also took the plunge and gave all my fairings to the local body shop - it's going to be all white (Renault) with a dark blue belly pan, to which I will add standard RG500 decals which I have bought off the web here. So should be all spick and span for the "Sunday Ride Classic" at Castellet.

I fixed the rev counter on the 350, some crap had got stuck to the revolving magnet which was stopping it reacting, so that's OK, the temperature gauge still seems a bit dodgy, but I'll wait and see on that one.

The last (but not least) thing to do in the workshop is get the "new" FZR back together again, I am awaiting a couple of hours spare time to do the valve clearances with the hope that they are in tolerance otherwise it will off with the camshafts! The Daytona has the shims under buckets, and they have been incredibly reliable - i.e. I have never had to alter one, so hoping the Yamaha will be the same.

Will be travelling down with the family and other sundry bikers to Paul Ricard for Easter weekend. So be square or see you there!


No comments: