Sunday 28 September 2014

Heads on!

I put the barrels back on the 350 today, and the head, straightened out some of the radiator fins, and hooked it back up again. Trying to decide whether I machine up some spacers for the reed blocks (this is a pretty common modification), but I need to find some 10mm aluminium plate. We'll see.

Franco from Maranello is trying to understand what happened to my rotary disk, and the latest theory is that the disk was touching the exterior of the crankcase, I took the following photos for Franco, and you can see a gouge where the disk has worn away the aluminium, so I think the theory is probably as close as we are going to get. But does this mean there is too much play between the crank hub and the disk allowing it to rub, or maybe the disk was just too big!
 
 
 

No comments: