Thursday 21 October 2010

Stuff to do over winter....

I went out to try a Daytona 675 today at the local Triumph shop. The 3 things that come to mind straight away are - lovely engine, fantastic brakes, but very bum in the air - the thing revs to 15K, and makes a lovely noise with a road legal arrow silencer. The mirrors were absolutely useless worse I've seen, and my boots rubbed on the swinging arm, as the heel protectors seem to be badly positioned for me. Don't think I'll get one - my 955i Daytona is still a lovely bike!

Anyway, the point of this post is really to start my list for the winter or what I would like to do :-
1/. Put dzeus quarter turn fittings on the RG fairing (difficult)
2/. Change the RG clutch plates to Kevlar ones to stop the binding (easy)
3/. Drop mains to 220's on the RG (easy)
4/. Drop mains to 350's on the RD (easy)
5/. Change a couple of pistons on the RG (medium)
6/. Change pistons on the RD (medium)
7/. Buy a van and prepare it for racing (I'm looking at a Renautl Traffic L2/H1 any opinions....)
8/. Service Libby's bike (CB 500)
9/. Do the disks and carbs on the Ducati.

Voila, that's it - for the moment!

No comments: