Sunday 24 October 2010

Rear Carb done

It's strange why the rear carb is cleaner and in better nick than the front one (internally). The accelerator pump definitely works, nothing of note inside, although I couldn't get the float out as the axle was too stiff, and I didn't want to damage it.

Change a few gaskets, and a couple of o rings. I noted the size of the jets as below :-
Emulsion tube AB265
Mains 152
Pilot 60
Accelerator pump jet 50

The front mixture screw was 2.5 turns out and the rear was 2.25 turns out. I need to check if my vacuum guages will fit the inlet stubs, so I can now set about adjusting the carbs and hopefully getting some resemblance of an idle.

Chris had bought the original workshop manuals which have some really good diagrams of the carbs showing all the different fuel and air circuits pretty good!

Will change the pads on the 350 this afternoon, as expected it's pissing down outside - still avoids working in the garden!

No comments: