Wednesday 22 September 2010

Technical Update...

A quick update. After crashing at C-en-T I have had to replace a couple of bits on the 350, namely, make a new brake lever, change the right hand grip, and repair the clutch cover. The bike should be ready to run this weekend, if I receive a new throttle tube, and new silencer springs.

For the 500, as you remember the cranks went off for rebuilding. Well, the conrods and big end bearings needed changing, which needed ordering from Suzuki, but it should be ready at the end of the week, so fingers crossed I can get it on Friday (work permitting!). I have spent some time cleaning up the top crankcase cover, and all the gasket surfaces, I should be receiving new small ends and other bits from Performance Fabrications, who are replacing these bits for free, as Mark can not (even) guess why the small ends have all disintegrated. He assures me that these pistons and small ends have been used elsewhere with no issues, so I just have to go with it..... I have asked the crank rebuilder (Gonin Moteurs) to check ovality in the small ends to see if there is a reason there.....

After rebuilding I just have to setup the bike to run at Ledenon on the 9/10th October. This is virtually my home track, so I would like both bikes to be in running order!

No comments: