Tuesday 28 September 2010

Cranks in ?




Well, I tried aligning hte cranks today, and I think it is relatively straight forward, with all the dots and marks lined up both 2 & 4 are at BDC and 1 & 3 are at TDC. Maybe difficult to see on the photos but you align a mark on the rotor with the crankcase bottom half and at the same time align two punch marks on the crank gears.

Unfortunately, I had bought some Permatex Ultra Black to use between the crankcase halves, however after better investigation this product can not be used for long period in petrol, so not suitable. I have had to order some Threebond 1104 (replacement is now 1194) which is good for sealing and is resilient to petrol oil etc... so I will need to wait a few days until that arrives before fitting the upper crankcase and then fitting pistons etc... (which haven't yet arrived).

The 350 is now ready (oil topped up) and just needs a road test to make sure it still starts after my crash at C-en-T. Interestingly I removed the plugs from the 350 which stalled during my crash (just after the long straight), which should have given me a good idea of WOT carburation (main jets) and they were pretty black, so rich - I may need to reduce jets for Ledenon which maybe hotter than C-en-T given that it is down the South. I have also bought a new front tyre which I will have fitted at Ledenon.

No comments: