Monday 27 September 2010

Crankshaft photos






So I got my cranks back today with new Maranello bearings, and oil seals and Suzuki conrods and big end bearings. I had the work done by Gonin Moteurs in Lyon, who has an excellent reputation - we'll see! He confirmed that I needed to change my conrods and big ends because of the wear on the cylinder Nr.2 conrod, as in the photo - according to him, it was ready to explode! Anyway it will be nice to have a good bottom end to build on, I'll see time permitting if I can fit them tomorrow. Fitting is a question of lining up the dots on the drive gear together whilst lining them both up with a position given on the drive shaft. You have to refit the rotor to the drive shaft temporarily and align all the marks up and then away you go! Things to look out for are ensuring you replace/position a waterway O'ring, plus ensuring the half moon rings are correctly engaged in the slotted bearings, other than that lot it should be a piece of cake! Here are the photos of the old conrods, bearings and seals plus the newly built cranks.

No comments: