Saturday 7 November 2009

Technical Update

Well, I got my high temperature tape, and fibre glass insulation from a Grenoble shop ISOVAC, enabling me to finish the stator, which I put on today. The bike started OK, but runs rough at low rpm aswell as high rpm, so I put back the original stator, and the bike started fine. I really can't tell just starting it in the garage if cleaning out the carbs (I did find some dirt in the power jets) which could correspond to a high rpm misfire, anyway the weather is so rough (pissing it down all week), I couldn't take it up the road so, I will have to see if something has miraculously fixed my problem....

I am going to replace the rear master cylinder on the RG500 with just a tube, basically just to make it a bit more racey, and because it will save some weight.

Update you later....

No comments: