Thursday 12 November 2009

Technical Update

So after testing, the bike is still not reving and it could be worse, so back to my old stator, which of course means I still have a problem.

After reading a couple of threads on a RD 350 forum, I was convinced that my problem must be coming from a broken reed valve, so I pulled the carbs and the Vforce reeds, but to no avale. Everything was Ok, and the pistons looked good from the carb side, so I am less and less convinced about a broken ring, or something. 

next troubleshooting steps are to pull the head and see if I have a leaky head gasket, and find a decent stator (there are two on ebay this week). I have also unwound the "low rpm" coil, on the race stator, and I will re-wind that with new wire. For information there are 3211 windings on the coil, and the wire used is smaller than the other coil I rewound, so I will need to find a supplier! The average diameter of a winding is approx. 6.5 cms, so that gives a length of approx 201 metres!

No comments: