Monday 28 April 2008

Busy weekend


Last weekend before Croix-en-ternois and it was busy. I had received some goodies from Norbo (RDLCCrazy.co.uk), stronger clutch springs to stop the clutch slipping, new exhaust gaskets, and new racing pads for my new F2 calipers.

I also received my new Stator from Westcountry Windings in the UK. I sent them my faulty one, and they have rewound it with a new pickup, plus a reduced number of charging coils to reduce the electrical load on the engine, this should allow a quicker pickup of the engine (in my head!!). Unfortunately it arrived broken, first ever damage I have experienced through the post. Anyhow to cut a long story short, I have sent it back and they will fix it!

I had bought last year some forks, calipers from an F2 machine. These have the advantage of having opposed pistons instead of just one piston per caliper. So I had changed the forks, calipers, and mudguard this weekend. I had to hang the bike from one of the outside beams of the garage as I don't have a means of lifting the bike up (at the front). It went quite smoothly, however bleeding the brakes was a long process, as the new calipers were completely empty (or should I say full of air), anyway after a night to settle I rebled on Sunday and theings got better. I fitted new racing pads after all the hydraulic fluid was out of the way, and after a test drive I am getting some good results! I am using the top of the range Motul BRF600 Brake fluid which is the best DOT 4 compatible fluid that money can buy - has a really high boiling point, ideal for late braking!

The only real problem I had (a part from the stator) was in fitting the front wheel which barely fits in the new shape mudguard, but after a little adjustment the tyre turns without rubbing.

Just hope I didn't forget to do something up..... tight!

No comments: