Thursday 10 April 2008

Arghhhhh

Well, the testing at Ledenon, went OK the first time out and I was getting down to the same lap times as I had had in my race last year. I booked 5 sessions for the Saturday, and we used them up testing the different ignition programs and power valve settings. I noticed a distinct lacking in Power after test 2 and soon after session 3 I noticed the power valve pulley was lose, after retightening I was still donw on power, even going back to our original program of the day.

Sunday I bought 6 sessions, however after the first session the bike stopped coming back into the pits. As the revs lowered the bike cut out! Some elementary troubleshooting did not reveal the cause, although the symptoms point to the low rpm charging circuit.
Unfortunately this is on the stator which is the only bit that I don't have as a spare.

Further investigation has not revealed anything else, so I am now waiting for my part to arrive in the hope that I can get everything back in order to leave in time for PAU this weekend.

Lesson learnt is to do testing at least a couple of weeks before the first race........ Speak to you after the weekend! Hopefully with some race results.

No comments: