Tuesday 25 June 2019

Daytona in Italy!

Well I have been out on a couple of trips with people from various Facebook groups to get know a few bikers and let them know that Atelier entre 2 Temps exists, anyway went to Italy for lunch on Sunday and the bike broke down about 5kms from the French border so I had to get the insurance breakdown service out to get the bike and myself home!

What happened was a tool had vibrated forward from under the passenger seat and shorted out the battery, luckily every thing seems to have been saved by a fuse, however the battery was flat so no way even to limp home. I got the bike back today and swapped out the 30amp fuse from the reg/rec and charged the battery up and all was well. The connectors from the stator to the reg/rec had got significantly hot so I renewed them at the same time. Connected up the PC and cleared all the ECU errors and away it went! Phew I thought that was going to cost me at least a new battery! I tested out the diode bridge on the rectifier and the resistance and AC output of the alternator which were all good, just lucky I guess could have been a lot worse!


No comments: