Thursday 6 June 2019

Daytona clutch gasket and FZR jetting

The dipstick area on the Daytona has been misting with oil, so I thought I would swap out the clutch cover gasket and the dipstick o ring. That said, I removed the fairing and removed the visible bolts (8mm), unfortunately one of the bolts is hidden behind the starter motor cover, so I had to remove the starter motor cover and the crankcase cover, thus damaging 2 gaskets! With silicone gasket cement I replaced the clutch gasket and used silicone on the other two. Doesn't seem to leak yet.

As customer bikes are slow I thought I would have a look at the FZR600 carbs and petrol leak, the leak was dealt with quickly as the petrol tap needed tweaking up, I decided to take a look at the carbs as something isn't quite right. I removed the carbs and proceeded to dismantle, nothing really to report so should I up the mains a tad....? They are 120's so I need to see who can do me some 125's..... Maybe.. I used my new ultrasonic cleaner on various bits of the FZR carbs, trying to get any crap off, we will see 

No comments: