Monday 8 February 2016

Update

Lot's of stuff going on in parallel in the garage :-

Fitted a brand new shock to the Daytona (only 150 quid - I couldn't resist it!), plus added some old inner tube to avoid the linkages and shock getting dirty!

I bought a new lithion Ion battery for the FZR's, works great but they sent me the wrong size, so I hacked the battery box (on the track bike) in order to get it in - cranks really well, enough to start it, and get the carbs synched - sound pretty good now and no leaks, although the carburation is off, probably due to the pods. I will richen up the needles and see if that helps, anyway I test rode it on Saturday (before the snow) and the gearbox and ride are fine, so I can invest in new tyres - some nice Pirelli Supercorsa's on order!

The clutch cover was causing the leak on the 350, so I changed it for another one, and the leak has reduced although not fixed completely - looks like I'll need a new gasket or some silicone gasket maker.

No comments: