Saturday 9 February 2013

Fork oil RG500

Despite my back still hurting like $#*@, I had to get out and get something done, plus I needed to finish off cleaning the last exhaust, so I managed to fill the last pipe with caustic soda (it's looking a bit rank now...). Looking at the other pipes as they have dried, I think I'll have to get something to rattle around in the pipes to loosen the dried crap in the pipes, I have an old bicycle chain that might do the job.




Loosening off the forks went OK, and I removed them and drained about 400ml of oil from each one. The book says 416ml (SAE 10W) so I will leave them upside down over night to get rid of all the old stuff. Surprisingly clear colour, with little aluminium suspended in the oil, unlike the 350 which is always filthy. I also fitted a new Regina Chain purchased in the UK from Trialsbits.co.uk - cheap and cheerful with no o'rings (reduced friction).

No comments: