Sunday 6 January 2013

New lighter flywheel

I decided to get my flywheel on the 350 lightened whilst I was in the UK for Xmas, save on postage (at least one way). Nigel Kemp racing does loads of stuff for the Yam so I entrusted the work to him. Here are the before and after photos :-



It's supposedly should allow the engine to spin up quicker, and certainly will put less stress on the crankshaft at high rpm. My only hope is that process hasn't unbalanced it at all... we'll see. I am sure I will feel the vibration if it is out of bonk.

The RG is dripping oil on the floor of my new garage!! So I am now convinced my leak has to be gearbox oil, and it must be coming from the primary shaft cover - this is where the 2 cranks are brought into one shaft, which even though it is in the crankcases (not gearbox) it sits in gearbox oil. I have cleaned the engine up and I am now waiting to see if i can see where it drips from! Failing that I will start it up and have a good look round, and failing that I will need to use the talc method... don't really fancy that much!

No comments: