Sunday 12 February 2012

Carbs are in..




Just came back from Skiing and had a great time although really cold up to minus 25 degrees celsius, still the snow was excellent so had a good time. Thought I would try and get on this afternoon (Sunday). I had received some throttle cables for the 350, and I thought I would try and fit the carbs. Well I was still missing 1 cm on the cable length to allow the slides to open fully. I realised that the 45 degree bends actually added 1 cm of length to the outers which was shortening the usable internal cable length.

Replaced the 45 degree ends with the straight ones, and finally the cables fit and will fully open the throttle, but the throttle cable outers actually rub on the frame cross member, so I'll have to see if this affects their operation. The left hand carb rubed a bit on the clutch actuation arm, although a quick bend had it sorted.

So the carbs are now in! Just have to decide if I can bodge an air box or whether I run with nothing (probably the case).

No comments: