Monday 22 August 2011

Rear wheel bearings

Rear wheel bearings for the RG/GSXR rear are 47 OD, 17 ID, and 14 wide.
The SKF reference is 6303-2RSH for the sealed bearings.

Replace the gear shaft oil seal on the RD 350 YPVS, a relatively simple job, remove the engine cover, I removed the gearbox sprocket although you could probably do without, remove the nylon chain roller thingy, and then I used a small hook to get inside the seal and pull it out, after a few minutes of huffing and puffing it came out. I pushed the new one in and then bashed it in the remaining distance with a box spanner fitted over the gear shaft.

Hopefully no more leaks from there.

I have also renewed all the pilot jets on the RG500 and moved all carb needles to the top slot, hopefully this will help my hole in the middle issue. We'll see.

No comments: