Friday 6 May 2011

Technical Update

So the list of things to do get's bigger. I have ordered some different thickness base gaskets (0.25mms and 0.75mms) in order to get my squish down to 0.8mms. I have been reading all I can about setting squish, and I really need to be working out my compression ratio aswell. This involves measuring the capacity of the head - with a piece of (greased) plastic sealing the bottom, you pour water into the top from a graduated syringe and hence you measure the capacity of the head. You also need to measure the height of the exhaust port, and then you use a complex formula to get the compression ratio and the corrected compression ratio.

Hmmmmm.... I need to brush up on this, although taking the measurements would seem relatively straight forward.

I have ordered a new rear tyre, which will get fitted at the circuit.

I need to alter the final gearing for Magny Cours which is one of the fastest circuits of the year, so I will go down to my smallest sprocket at the back on the RG, and on the RD I will put on the biggest gearbox sprocket!

I can also improve on my cooling system. I made up some plastic fairing pieces which deflect air into the radiator, and these can be modified to fit better, and to seal better to the rest of the fairing.

No comments: