Sunday 30 January 2011

Almost finished DZUS fasteners

Well when I came to fitting the upper fairing with the DZUS fasteners I couldn't lip them over the edge of the fairing due to the holes being to far in, but after some research the fitting seem to be fitted either lipped over the fairings or simply positioned over the hole - which is what I tried to do, this didn't turn out as planned because using this method it makes the whole thickness 3-4 mm thicker, so the male parts were too short - Where have I heard that before :-)

I ordered some longer male parts but even these didn't do the job for some reason as there angle of attack was to abrupt and they got stuck on the females.... In the end one of the Gamma listes suggested I notched the fairing to be able to place the females over the edge of the fairing - this worked a treat and so now the upper fairings are now complete.


No comments: