Saturday 5 December 2009

Top End strip!





Well, I got down to stripping down the top end of the RG this weekend. No particular difficulties, it's interesting to see the different technical solutions Suzuki have compared to some of the Yam stuff. For example the power valves on the Yam invariably leak slightly, and yet Suzuki's don't and its a very simple design, and very easy to dismantle. 

Anyway the pistons and cylinders are in reasonable condition, no scrapes, no detonation, so I will need to make a decision on whether or not I get them rebored anyway. I have been in contact with M. Dent who is another reknowned tuner of RG's and he can do a 570cc conversion, or fit RG125 pistons which have single piston rings (decreased friction) which could be a good compromise, anyway I will pack it all up tomorrow, and send it off, and hopefully he will be able to advise on the best course of action to gain the maximum power whilst remaining reliable.

No comments: