Sunday, 1 March 2009
Well this weekend, I managed to get the rear plastic on, although I had to cut it down to incorporate space for the rearsets, and the fact that I'd moved the rear brake master cylinder - but honestly I think it looks more modern, I also finished (yes somethings get done!), the rear brake lever and the gear lever, and they work. Just for info, I was worried that I might have to learn an upside down gear linkage, but it turns out that it remains standard.
Final piece of work this weekend was trying out the RG500 front brake master cylinder, which does indeed give me much more room to play with as opposed to the GSXR master cylinder. I will of course have to ensure that it operates the brakes as efficiently, but as yet, I have not yet bled the system.
Starting to look like a bike again!!