Thursday 29 May 2008

Frustrating

Well, since the last time, I received some Vforce 3 reeds, and I got back my race stator, which again has proved to give problems, and may have even caused my zeeltronic ignition to play up. Basically "no sparks" when I fit the race ignition. This comes down to either no pickup signal or no CDI charge. After checking everything, even the zeeltronic ignition would not function with the standard Yam stator.... I have a few more clues to follow up before sending the stator back (again!).

The Vforce reed cages apparently allow for a large reed surface area, which is supposed to increase flow, and hence increase power. Fitting them does involve removing the petals from the inlet rubbers, to allow the Vforce to sit flat - this is a bit delicate, and I will be interested to see if I can get a good seal.

The bike, has been running, but very rich due to having the original pipes installed. But I will change this at Nogaro directly as I hope to be able to put the Gibsons back on if the left hand one has been repaired.

Speak soon

No comments: