Friday 16 May 2008

Aftermath....

Well the bike is back together. The result as initially guessed was basically cosmetic, and although I haven't had the bike on the road again it should be OK. To replace the left foot rest and gear change I have put back the originals parts, but with some drilling and machining I have made them into acceptable rearsets. I am just missing a footrest, a simple aluminium tube, with a thread on the inside and some decoration on the outside - the sort of thing you could knock up on a lathe in ten minutes, well I have to wait for the Yam dealer to receive one from the Bihr catalogue.

I will be interested to have the original pipes back on to make a comparison with the expansion chambers - see if it revs more easily. My rewound stator should be back from being "fixed" this weekend so hopefully I will be able to fit it.

I have also sourced a second hand engine cover as it was damaged in the crash. I am interested to see if I can make a carbon crash protector with the old one. There is a guy that sells carbon ribbon in Grenoble, and so I might give this a try, as soon as I get the replacement. Anyway, I made a mess of repainting the scrape on the fairing, but it is back on and straight, so nothing much to do until my bits arrive.

Speak to you soon

No comments: