Friday 4 May 2007

More technical news

So the good news is that the fairing is being painted (as I speak), a very bright white, Pete has sent the number plates, and templates for them - Thanks Pete.

The bad news is that, the "rebore" guy, told me I definately need to change BOTH pistons again! One was too far gone (touched in four places), and apparently the other has deformed (although not touched). This is really strange and the guy doesn't really understand it, but at 100 Euros a piece this is getting serious! One train of thought, is that because I am running premix in the tank, the fueling is actually leaner in the cylinder, and this maybe creating excessive heat, causing the seizure. This is not really corroborated by the colour of the plugs that I was seeing, however upping the main jet size on the carbs isn't an issue so I will be starting there.

The real issue is maybe timing, I have first race at Carol (Paris) in under 10 days time, and we have a public holiday next Tuesday, which means I will probably not get the barrels back before next Wednesday, which means I will need to burn the midnight oil to get the bike ready to go to Paris next Friday. Running in the nex setup is going to be fun!! Proclassic are organising untimed practise on the Friday afternoon, so hopefully I will be able to run in (a bit!)

I have painted the exhausts, and my home made fairing support, which looks good, and I have added the temperature gauge to my instruments, as temperature seems to be the key to my problems! This weekend's job will be putting the fairing back on, checking the thermostat is working, cutting out and fixing the number plates... Hopefully more positive news next Wednesday!

No comments: