Tuesday 27 March 2007

The Fairing




I really wanted to go for a “classic” look, this to me means single seat, ducati 900ss half fairing and clipons. I sourced a racing fairing at POLY26, a relatively local fibre glass company, that makes everything plastic for thousands of different bikes. The guy who owns the place is really passionate about his business, and can talk for hours on the subject, I recommend it to anyone. That was the easy part, the difficult part was making a support for the fairing. I had to design and make fairing brackets, which were eventually achieved by using some local company welding skills, and my ingenuity with aluminium plating. The fairing comes in a rough grey colour “ready” for spraying, but this means that all the holes have to drilled not only in the fairing, but also in the visor – not for the feint hearted – one slip and you are doomed!!






No comments: