Friday 7 May 2021

Service Daytona, Street plus RG500, 350

Ok loads of stuff going on in the garage. I completed the 120k kms. service on the Daytona, the valves were perfect. Small leak in the left side lower part of the radiator, so used some Barrs to block it up. This is a first and I hope it doesn't bugger anything else up! I didn't change the brake fluid as it was changed a year ago when I serviced the calipers. Throttle bodies were synched OK. The street had it's 30k kms service, although I didn't do the valves but everything eslo was done, filters, plugs, fluids, etc... I purchased at great expense some needle jets from Steve motocarb in the UK, with the vague hope trying to lean out the carburation of the RG 500. Nothing seems to do it, I think I will go back to running no filters and play with the needle jets to try and get it good with no filters. Seriously considering selling it if by the autumn I haven't moved forward. The 350 has had a carb rebuild and the reeds looked at which are not sealing correctly. Even with new reeds! This doessn't affect anything at revs. but will affect starting etc.... The FZR started up after a couple of seconds on the starter, running OK although the carbs -pilots need a clean.

No comments: