Friday 21 September 2018

Long time no post






Quick news on what has been happening this summer.

The T140 (yes I am sure), is having it's new paint job as we speak, epoxy black for the frame and a tasteful red metal and white for the tank. Chroming various bits is just soooo expensive I can get them cheaper new so a big order went into LP Williams which was picked up from my parents whilst I was over in the UK, I also visited Reg Allen's in Ealing to get the front wheel bearing cover off. Of course as suspected the bloody thing was a normal thread! DOH......

Patrick's bike came in for a much overdue complete service and start, which all happened unfortunately I managed to drop his bike so had to get the tank repaired which quickly used up most of my labour charge for the job so basically did that for free.

Went away on the Daytona and Street to the Dolomites, I was a bit concerned about my bike but with standard cartography and a new fuel level sensor things seem to be back in order. The USB port was crap though, not providing enough charge to use the GPS on the phone all day, so we used both phones each day to find our way, which worked out fine, had a great ride back although weather whilst we were there was far from dry!

Middle of August saw me with LPP at Ledenon for first track outing, I used the 500 and 350 although the very last session on the second day the 350 lost power and after further investigation it turned out to be another cracked piston! I honed out the cylinder and a new piston kit went in, with new bushes on the RHS power valve. I also reduced float height on the carbs by 1mm as they still overflow a bit.

At the end of August went with PL to Ledenon and Libby came! Used the FZR which went like a dream for the 2 days despite intensive usage by both of us as the 500 lost a silencer at the end of day one, we found the silencer and I have done a better weld to secure it to the tube, so it won't happen again, also downloaded an App to give lap times and it was good so purchased the Pro version (4 euros). This enable us to share lap times and top speeds, just for info I think my top speed is about 181 km/h and a fastest lap of 1:45, still slow compared to the quick guys but enjoyable just the same.

Had an Aprilia scooter in the shop for a restart. The carb needed a good clean - pilot jets completely blocked, but another happy customer!

There are a million photos but I'll just share one - see if you spot the join!


No comments: