Monday 24 October 2016

Ledenon Saturday

We were at Ledenon for probably the last outing, with the 350 and the FZR 600. As Sunday the weather was not good we decided to just do the Saturday. 3 sessions in the morning and 4 sessions in the afternoon, with Pierre-Luc on the 600 and me on the 350. It was a little bit cold for the first run, (7 degrees), but the 350 was fine, a little light colour on the plugs after the first run, but all good after.

We did have a bit of a panic getting the 350 started as one of the plug caps had come lose on the HT lead, but once that was plugged back properly, it ran fine all day.

I was pretty knackered after 7 runs out, and I must find a different riding position as my legs are really aching today. I think I am a little cramped on the bike, which leads to my toes pushing on the front of my boots and cramped legs.

Pierre-Luc, had a great day, and started to get his lap times down, so he was happy with that, and he is starting to abandon his road style and get his bum and knee out so all's good.

Sunday I spent some time in the garage, got the crankcase top back on the engine and cleaned up the swinging arm, and superglued the front mudguard which had quite a clean split in it. I sanded down the "cracks" on the swinging arm, but they are just on the surface, so nothing to worry about (!).
Top crankcase on

Installation at ledenon - very busy (not)

New Gearbox shaft O ring

No comments: