Saturday 14 May 2016

Gearbox back in

Received new bits from Suzuki on Wednesday, so the days task was to get the gearbox back in. It goes in pretty easily, however on the first attempt the primary shaft would not turn, at all, once it was in, so I had to take it back out! The problem turned out to be the kickstart mechanism that had slipped out during messing about, and was blocking the primary shaft completely, not sure I fully understand the kickstart and how it interacts with the rest of the gearbox, but it seemed to work better, so in it went for another try. This time success, it's all torqued up and I can get all 6 gears, so I suppose that's a success, Put some gasket silicon on the clutch cover, and there is always some leaks around there and now I just need to refit the exhausts and other ancillaries and we'll be good to go! Just for reference the tab screws went in with loctite medium strength and I used a new clutch nut lock washer.

No comments: