Tuesday 1 July 2014

RG Update

Well, most of the paint is done (not very well I may add) rattle cans are OK, but nothing beats a professional job, plus I always seem to get masking tape that leaks! Anyway, I'll probably fall off again soon, so no point worrying too much!

Entered the ignition curve in the Zeeltronic, to be ready for seat of the pants dyno testing at Ledenon in a couple of weeks. I am initially going to try the "optimized" curve  on the attached file, although I should look at Try1 and Try2 during the day to get a feel. The advanced static ignition is now at ~30.5 degrees BTDC, so this gives me the possibility to program any angle less than 30.5 degrees.
While I was messing with the handheld programmer I noticed what looked like cracks in my swinging arm, however after further investigation they appear to be just the surface coating, there is no damage to the inside nor when I tried to open the cracks with a wedge I couldn't get anything to move. You may need to load the full size pictures to see them.
The 500 may not be ready for Ledenon, so I took a look at the 350 to ensure it was working OK, there is a bit of engine noise so I checked out the power valves, and took off the exhaust to take a look at the pistons and barrels which looked OK, I hope that means that everything is alright, and not that I have a crank problem, must check the rotor is still tight!



No comments: