Monday 22 July 2013

Engine Work done

Went back to Nantes on Friday to pickup my crankcase and other bits. The guy seems to have done a pretty good job at opening the inlet ports they are all very smooth, and fit the inner disk covers nicely, he also cleaned up and mated the cylinders to the crankcase which was good - all round I am pretty pleased although it was more expensive than I had planned!

You can see in the photos the new rotary disk inners and outers (Maranello Engineering), which look great quality, but Franco couldn't get the carbon disks to my guy in time, so I came away without the carbon rotary disks which Jerome will send me after having cut them to keep the same valve timing as Mark Dent had originally tuned in on the steel ones.

I have to alter the wedge (I bought from Performance Fabrications) because firstly it no longer fits the bolt to bolt width of the new covers, but also the inlet port doesn't line up very well - I will try to make one on my milling machine !

So I now have to URGENTLY get everything together as I only have a few days working at it before our holiday in the UK, and then in the South of France for a few days, in order to be ready for track day time at Ledenon on the 10/11th August.




No comments: