Monday 30 July 2012

Prep. for Magny-Cours

Another big weekend coming up at Magny-Cours in the center of France. I am racing both the 350 with the VMA club and the RG500 with ProClassic, so it will be a busy weekend. I have setup the gearing to run 15/39 on both bikes. I've stuck with 230/240 main jets on the 500, although probably a bit rich, and the 350 is still on 390's, which should be rich aswell dependant on the weather.

I have changed the twistgrip on the RG, and the new one has a much larger diameter, so quicker action, so should be good, I have also relinked the carb trunks up to the air box, to try and prove once and for all where the premix is coming from. I also changed the gearbox oil, (Silkolene Pro75(?) gearbox oil) and cover just in case there was an oil leak coming from the clutch actuation lever or somewhere else. Like this I should be able to at least count out leaky carbs and/or gearbox oil, as the culprit for my oily engine! There is a chance that connecting up the carbs trunks to the box, will make the engine run rich, but I will see after the first practise. The metal plates in the clutch were bluing quite badly which means the clutch is slipping quite a lot, I may need to find some stronger springs

Other than that, everything should be ready to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I realize this is kind of off-topic however I needed to ask. Does operating a well-established website like yours require a massive amount work? I am completely new to blogging but I do write in my diary every day. I'd like to start a blog so I will be able to share my experience and feelings online. Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions or tips for new aspiring blog owners. Appreciate it!

Anonymous said...


Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you penning this write-up and the rest of the site is extremely good.