Monday 15 November 2010

Update

Bad news on the health front may keep me off the track for the first part of next year - nothing really serious, but I am on medication until at least February that will not allow me to get my license renewed, hopefully I will stop the meds in Feb. and if all goes well, I should be able to compete - but will the races all be full by then.... we will see!

In the mean time, I took the Ducati out at the weekend, we were five bikes - Triumph Thunderbird (1995), Ducati 600SS, Kawasaki Z650, Ducati Monster 1000. We had a a great ride up into the Vercors mountains, and back - 3 hours in all, the Ducati started well, ran well, and braked well - a real pleasure although the cramped riding position is awful for my legs, they are really bent - it's worse than my Daytona! It still doesn't idle, and this time I tried the air screw turned in to the recommended 1.5 turns, which didn't make any difference. The clutch definitely slips in the powerband, but not all the time, from the manual it appears there is an adjuster on the clutch basket, which I will investigate at a later date. Before going out, I had to adjust the chain, and I thought I would check the oil level, the chain was done in about 5 minutes, but of course I overfilled the oil, and had to syringe some back out - poxy level gauge - still it hadn't used much if any since the oil change - so I suppose that's good news. When we stopped for a break, I did see one drip under the engine - but nothing serious.

No comments: