Wednesday 23 June 2010

Last minute preparations

Well Magny Cours this weekend! The circuit is fast, and I of course expect to be on the RG500. I haven't received my new radiater yet, but hopefully I'll get it before the weekend. Looking at the weather forecast it could be hot and humid or cold and stormy, so we'll have to wait and see what jetting to use.

I have managed to start both bikes and run them up the road over the last few days. The Yamaha doesn't leak and seems to run cooler (with the 4L0 radiater installed). The RG ran OK, moving the needles up has made a significant difference, much richer and I didn't perceive the big hole in the power, so I think I have gone the right way with the jetting. While I was testing the RG (without the fairing on), I lost the right hand side carb trunk, which bounced off into the countryside in a bid for freedom. It was only after mobilising the whole family along the 1.5 kms section of road that we managed to find it hidden in some long grass (thanks Libby!).

So fairings on this evening, and pack the trailer for the trip up on Friday morning.

Speak to you after the weekend (come on England - last pool match this evening!)

No comments: