Monday 6 July 2009

Technical Update

Just a quick note to remind myself what I have done to the bike recently. After Pau (too rich) I removed the difficult screw in the carb on cylinder 3, and installed 4th ball valve, I installed a 240 main jet and checked the needle setting (2 slots = standard). I also adjusted the float height to 19mm with no gasket in place as recommended by LanceGamma.

I also took of all other carbs and redid the float heights. All carbs are now at 240 mains, needle height 2, and float height 19mms.

I also checked the plugs and they were all pretty rich, which means I can probably go down to 230's for Le Vigeant.

I have received a second hand radiator from a Kawasaki ZXR 750, which although in good condition is really dirty, so I will need to clean it up, and investigate if it will actually fit (physically) inside the fairing - this should end any cooling issues I may have, the temperature is still going to around 85-90 degrees C, which is robbing me of horsepower...

We now have 5 weeks until Le Vigeant, so time for a holiday from the bike! Speak soon..... Dave

No comments: