Saturday 19 January 2008

Bike update and goodies...


Hi All, and a happy new year!
I spent some of the Xmas holidays working on the bike. It is now completely back together again and ready to be run-in at the start of the new season. Only problem is that it won't start! I have been troubleshooting the problem, and I think the problem has now become solid i.e. There is now NO spark at all. I am pretty sure this is linked to the CDI, so have ordered a programmable one for a late Christmas present. I also stripped the carbs again just to make sure they went back together again right... and I did find some crap in the pilot jets and also in the float needle chamber, maybe coming from the tank which I need to check. For now it is waiting for the ignition!

The calendar for 2008 has been published at proclassic.free.fr

I have buying some goodies as you can see above - a Toseland rep, hopefully I will go much faster!

I am having real issues choosing tyres this year, as I would like to get something a bit wider than last year (to cope with all the additional power the engine should be making - ho ho), anyway it's decision time soon....

No comments: