Monday 18 April 2011

Cylinders

So ALCO has my cylinders and he says they need a rebore to 57.00mm next size up - unfortunately the Suzuki rings are no longer available in this size so I am obliged to go for pattern parts again (!). Laurent will be using Technium pistons (CR125 again), which have the advantage that they are relatively cheap and available, but they do not have offsets (front and back) like Suzuki pistons, and they need internal machining to make space for the thrust washers.

If things go to plan I will meet him at Carole this weekend (Endurance racing), and I will be able to run-in the bike at Croix-en-ternois. Not holding my breath though as all the best made plans......

At least I will have the faithful (and now reliable) 350 ready to role at C-en-T as necessary.


Next update will be after Carole, Libby is not coming up as it is Easter weekend, so no video I'm afraid!

No comments: